The Substation Gallery
Hands on Art Substation Gallery is now seeking proposals for exhibition opportunities in 2017. Independent artists, artist collectives, emerging artists, Indigenous and Torres-strait islander artists are encouraged to apply.
The Gallery Space also doubles as a small drama theatre.
The Gallery Space
Ground Floor The gallery is fitted with a hanging system. This floor is also fitted with appropriate lighting for exhibitions and has a small stage area for music, presentations, spoken work and plays.
The building has a security alarm and exhibiting artists are required to plan and manage their own gallery opening and closing times.
The Gallery is available for hire with options of: night events, 1 day (daytime opening), 1 day/night (including opening night), 2 days, 3 days, 4 days to 7 days, 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks exhibition time. We encourage all artists who are interested to please come and view the spaces before submitting their application.
Gallery and Event Space Hire Fees
- 1 day/night =$200 plus GST (including opening night)
- 1 day =$125 (daytime opening)
- 2 days =$250
- 3 days =$300
- 4 days to 7 days =$350
- 2 weeks =$550
- 3 weeks =$750
- 4 weeks =$900
- Night Events =$100
- Single Days after 1 week hire =$50
- Assistance in hanging the exhibition (optional at $20 per hour)
- Supervision during the Artist’s chosen Gallery hours (optional at $20 per hour)
- After hours alarm security and 24-hour access to the building.
- Stage lighting
- PA System including speaker and microphone
- Promotion of exhibition on our website, mail-outs and social media sites, as well as posters and flyers of the exhibition displayed at the Substation.
- Use of the Hands On Art kitchen.
- Use of Hands On Arts tools and equipment for installation.
Artists pay no commission except for Pop Up Saturday Shows
To enquire about hiring the Gallery click here or to make an appointment to view the spaces click the button: